Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Homemade Baby food - How to thicken and thin

Banana puree, baby food, homemade baby food
Puree Banana - Baby food
I love my Nutri bullet. No need to spend money on all that fancy baby blenders if you already own a blender. It's so simple , quick to make, better to eat for the baby and easy on the pocket.
I love making my baby food. I prefer making it myself than buying it in a store.  The store brands have all these crazy ingredients in their baby food to preserve  it on the shelf's. Why should your baby ingest unnecessary substances? They shouldn't . I prefer my son to eat homemade only. I'm a first time mom so I may be a little fussy when it comes to my lil man but common sense says feed your child organic . Its a lot of fun too. You can get creative and mix protein and carbs of your choice. Play around with different flavors and as he or she gets bigger you can play with the texture too.

baby cookie, baby biscuit
Plum
Little Yums
Organic teething wafers



Teething can be very painful for your little angel. It breaks my heart to see my son in pain. I would do anything to take the pain away and place it on me instead of him feeling it however, I can't do that so the next best thing is these Little yums made by Plum organics. My little guy loves these teething wafers. 

These are also good to thicken your baby puree.  Now, when you defrost the baby food 6 out of 7 times it comes out runny so to fix this you add a wafer. Use your best judgement to the desired consistency. Now if you don't have any wafers in your home Rice cereal will do the trick too.

Now, when you prepare your babies food to puree you steam the food first. then place in blender some parents put the water from the steam in with the fruit or veggies. I worry about nitrates  so, I prefer to use formula or baby water .

baby formula, rice cereal, home made baby food, baby puree


The baby water can be purchased in Walgreens, CVS or your local grocery store. Baby water has vitamins in it that your little angel needs. Again, it matter sweat stage your baby is at to the constancy of your puree. You can add the water, formula or thickness after you take it out of the freezer or before. I prefer water or formula as I blend my sons food and I thicken it when I take it out of the freezer. It's your choice.

Baby food, home made baby food, banana, strawberry, freeze, baby food storage

storage baby food, freeze baby food, prepare baby food, homemade baby food, banana, apple, strawberry

Read more on making your own baby food - HERE


1 comment:

  1. Its really great post I have some important information on your blog its very helpful for me.


    Baby Food Preparation and Storage

    ReplyDelete